Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, GP practices have had to adapt to many changes and new phases of safety measures in order to protect all patients, visitors and staff.
GP / Nurse Appointments:
All requests to book an appointment at the surgery will initially result in a telephone appointment where you will be called back and triaged (assessed) over the phone by a doctor or nurse. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE SURGERY.
Requests for blood and other pathology test appointments will be checked by a GP to assess the urgency. If you have been given a blood appointment, follow the guidance below and attend as usual unless you have been advised it is not necessary or you are experiencing symptoms of Coronavirus in which case you must self isolate for 14 days.
Attending the surgery:
Until further notice access to the surgery is by appointment only but WE ARE DEFINITELY STILL OPEN and working hard to provide as many urgent and routine services as possible.
When asked to attend for an appointment you will be given the following advice:
- Please try to arrive as close to your appointment time as possible. This allows us to keep the number of people in the surgery to a manageable number. If you do arrive very early, you may be asked to wait in your car or outside.
- Please wear a suitable face covering at all times. This is to protect you and the staff looking after you. It does not have to be a formal mask but can be a scarf , large handkerchief or anything of a breathable material that covers your nose and mouth. The exceptions to this are any child under the age of 11 years old and anyone who has particular breathing difficulties or any other condition which makes this difficult. Please let the doctor, nurse or receptionist know if you have any concerns.
- We are unable to supply facemasks due to insufficient supplies of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) but we do have a limited number of cloth face coverings available. These are made by local volunteers and are available for a £1.00 charitable donation. Face masks are available in most local supermarkets and on-line.
- Please ring the front or back door bell and a member of our staff will come to greet you.
- We will take your temperature, usually using an infra-red non-contact thermometer, before showing you into the waiting area.
- Please maintain the government advice and guidance on social distancing at all times.
We are finding that a great many queries and issues can be solved over the phone without the need to visit the surgery and we appreciate the support and understanding that everyone has shown through these very challenging times.
We will endeavour to keep you updated via the practice website, our new surgery Facebook page and by telephone and text as more guidance comes in.
Thank you for your support.