Repeat Prescriptions, Appointments, Cancellations and much more. Go online now.
Records of the early practitioners in Hungerford exist back to the 16th century. The present practice originated in the 1920s, when the two town practices joined, forming the single practice of Drs Starkey-Smith and James. The surgery was at Manor House in the High Street, the home of Dr. Starkey-Smith and his family. Dr. Stuart Boyd joined in 1935, and, in 1946, Dr. Blake James retired, at the age of 77 years!
There was a major change in the practice after the War, when Dr. Max Wallis joined in 1946, and Dr. Robert Kennedy in 1947, these two partners being responsible for the whole practice, except for a brief period between 1955-1958 when they were joined by Dr. Gordon Currie.
A new purpose-built surgery was erected in The Croft in 1959. It was extended three times during the 1970s and 80s, with major extensions, doubling the size of the building, in 1993.